Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- The next issue of Tech News will be sent out on 4 May 2020.
- The small wiki toolkits is to help smaller wikis that need technical skills. They can learn and share technical skills.
- Over-qualified CSS selectors in Wikimedia skins have been removed.
div#content is now
div.portal is now
div#footer is now
#footer. This is so the skins can use HTML5 elements. If your gadgets or user styles used them you will have to update them.
Changes later this week
- There is no new MediaWiki version this week.
- Some things on the wikis might look weird or not work in Internet Explorer 8 in the future. Internet Explorer 8 was replaced in 2011.
- The font in the diffs will change.
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 28 April next week. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 29 April next week. It will be on all wikis from 30 April next week (calendar).
Tech news prepared by Tech News writers and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.